As you surely recognized in the northern hemisphere of the world, it’s getting colder outside. As velominati rule #5 – harden the fuck up – suggests, I will be still riding in fresh air. So the question of clothing arises. Especially clothing in the face, since there is skin, that will be exposed to the cold.
What I experienced in the last winters is, that cold wind around my eyes is very nasty. It’s like my eyelids freeze up and my eyeballs get irritated, meaning they are turning a little bit red. This year I wanted to adress this issue and tried out “motorcycle glasses”.
The good news:
– The foam around the glas actually protects from cold air.
– sight is good in this ones
– and the band presses the glasses on tight. Almost sealing it up.
The bad news:
– after twenty minutes of riding it fogs up. That’s why I cut out a little bit of foam over the nose to get a small ventilation going again. And it works 😉
– It doesn’t look so cool on my face.
– and it molds it’s shape in my face for at least one hour after the ride 😉
How do you protect your face from the cold winter?